Coaching Courses Schedule
Muelensteen Method Coaching Courses
Three Day Rene Meulensteen Coach Education Clinic - July 29-31, 2016 Indianapolis, IN (IUPUI Carroll Stadium) Register - click here
TOPSoccer Certification Course - Sunday, April 17, 2016 - Butler University - To register, click here
USSF National F License Course U5 to U8 players - $25.00 (NO discount for Indiana Soccer Members - US Soccer fee)
The "F" license is a 2-hour course, conducted entirely online, intended for all parents and coaches of youth players. The focus of this grassroots course is to share US Soccer's best practices in creating a fun, activity-centered and age appropriate environement for 5-8 year old players.
To register for the F License please visit the US Soccer Digital Coaching Center: US Soccer Digital Coaching Center
USSF National E License Course U9 to U12 players - (FREE to Indiana Soccer members; $131.00 non-members)
(Pre-requisite: USSF National F License)
Current Course Offerings
New Albany High School - New Albany, June 24-26th, 2016
Japser High School - Jasper, IN August 12-14th, 2016
The USSF National E License Course is an 18 hour course. The curriculum will focus on age appropriate player development activities for ages U9-U12. It will provide a basic understanding of coaching methodology and introduce the four pillars of soccer, stressing the technical side of the player as paramount at this stage and prepares interested coaches for the D License Course.
- The USSF National F License is a pre-requisite for the USSF National E License Course.
- The USSF National E License is a perquisite for the USSF National D License Course.
- Mandatory 6 month wait between the USSF National E Course and the USSF National D Course.
- Current Risk Management
- E License Waivers are no longer offered or accepted.
- Payment & Cancellation Policy: Full tuition is required at the time of registration. NO REFUNDS for this course. Course transfer requests must be made 14 days prior to the course start date and require a $25.00 administration fee. Course transfer requests made less than 14 days prior to the course start date, regardless of circumstance, and any candidate who fails to attend for any reason will not be offered the transfer courtesy therefore forfeiting 100% of tuition. Course transfers will expire 12 months from the date of purchase.
USSF National D License Course U13 to U14 players - (Free to Indiana Soccer Members; $256.00 for non-members)
(Pre-requisite: USSF National E License)
Carmel FC, Carmel, IN - August 19-21 and October 15-16th, 2016
The D License is a 36-40 hour course designed for the experienced coach who has already earned a National E License. It consists of theoretical (classroom) and practical (field) instruction on teaching the four components of soccer; technique, tactics, fitness and psychology as they relate to U13-U14 players. The course is broken down into four phases: Preparation Phase, Instructional Phase, Deliberate Practice Phase and Performance Review Phase. This course also includes an extensive "methods" component designed to improve the teaching skills of coaches in recognizing "coachable moments". The minimum time is would take to receive a D License is 2-4 months. Candidates will receive a PASS ('D' License), PROVISIONAL STATUS (Eligible for a Performance Review after 6 months) or FAIL.
- The USSF National E License is a pre-requisite for the USSF D National License Course. Mandatory 6 month wait between the USSF National E License and USSF National D License Course.
- If you are looking to upgrade from a State D to a National D and took the D Course prior to March 2013 you must register for and take the new USSF National D Course in its entirety. If you took the USSF National D Course after March 2013 and received a State Pass you can register for a Phase 4 - Performance Review (Testing) Course to re-test for a National Pass.
- Payment & Cancellation Policy: Full tuition is required at the time of registration. NO REFUNDS for this course. Course transfer requests must be made 30 days prior to the course start date and require a $25.00 administration fee. Course transfer requests made less than 30 days prior to the course start date, regardless of circumstance, and any candidate who fails to attend for any reason will not be offered the transfer courtesy therefore forfeiting 100% of tuition. Course transfers will expire 12 months from the date of purchase.
- D License Waivers are no longer offered or accepted.
- The USSF National D License is required to apply for the USSF National C Course. Mandatory wait between USSF National D License and USSF C National Course is 12 months.
Parents Guide and Introduction to Youth Soccer
To learn more about concussions take the CDC’s FREE "Heads Up! Online Training for Youth Sports Coaches." This training will help you with a basic understanding of concussion. Simply go online and take the self-guided training. Once you complete the training and quiz, you can print out a certificate, making it easy to show your league or school that you have completed this intro course offered by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) and US Youth Soccer.
The guide is designed to assist parents new to the game of soccer in growing the spirit without limiting the child. Chapters cover information from the basics of youth soccer and making a positive impact on children to roles of coaches and referees to lending support to your child.
Coaching at the youth level is more a matter of teaching the game to young players than managing their soccer. Coaching the Principles of Play through small-sided games in both training sessions and on game-day will accelerate the players’ comprehension of constructive soccer. A key goal for coaching young players is to help them understand how soccer works. The Principles of Play form the basic tactical foundation of the game, and players' understanding can be accelerated by competing in small-sided games at training; and by encouraging constructive play during matches.
Coaching Healthy Habits
Did you know that there are three simple things you can do to help your players stay healthy and perform their best? Learn how you can encourage players to Drink Right, Move More and Snack Smart in the Coaching Healthy Habits course, developed by US Youth Soccer and Healthy Kids Out of School. In two brief chapters, you’ll learn about basic nutrition and physical activity for young athletes and find practical tips to implement these healthy principles at your trainings and matches.