11v11 Play Format lesson plans
These training sessions follow the Play-Practice-Play methodology. They alternate between Attacking and Defending in the various thirds of the field.
Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Week 7 Week 8 Week 9 Week 10 Week 11 Week 12
In order to make practices run smoothly and be fun, it is important to have a basic understanding of the intellectual, emotional, and physical developmental stage of the players we are coaching. Here are some typical characteristics of the Under 10 player:
- Attention span lengthens and they start to show the ability to sequence thoughts and actions.
- Players start to think ahead and think “If this, then that”
- Players are more inclined towards wanting to play soccer rather than being told to play
- Demonstrate increased self-responsibility
- Players start to recognize fundamental tactical concepts
- Begin to become aware of peer pressure.
- Players affiliate with their team or their coach
- There is a wide continuum of maturity evident on most teams.
- U10 is still a crucial age for technical skill development.