INDIANA SOCCER 2014 YOUTH SOCCER MONTH EVENTS
Indiana Soccer and Indy Eleven would like to thank all those clubs and colleges / universities that join us to celebrate the 2014 Youth Soccer Month during the month of September.
This year, Indiana Soccer partnered with Indiana’s Team Indy Eleven to elevate the excitement of this important and recognized national program. Multiple colleges / universities and youth soccer clubs will offer several opportunities for children and families to get involved. The activities go from clinics, promotions, contests, ball boys and escort opportunities among others. Indiana Soccer is pleased having the following colleges / universities and youth organizations participating this year.
Colleges / Universities Clubs / Institutions
Indiana Wesleyan Glendale Soccer Club
Indiana University Zionsville Youth Soccer Association
IUPUI Evansville Soccer Club
Marian University Blue River Soccer Association
Emmerich Manual High School
Guerin Catholic High School
Old North Side Soccer Fields
If you are putting together an event and you have not communicated it, contact the Indiana Soccer Director of Marketing and Communications Paco Espinosa at firstname.lastname@example.org to include you in the list of events.
Don’t forget to post your photos and videos on Facebook and Twitter to share the fun! Tag the @SoccerIndiana (Indiana Soccer) and @IndyEleven (Indy Eleven) user handles on both Facebook and Twitter and hashtag #YSM2014 to nationally expand the reach of your posts.
INDY ELEVEN / INDIANA SOCCER EVENTS
- On September 27th, Indiana Soccer and Indy Eleven will conclude the month-long celebration with its Youth Soccer Month Parade of Banners at halftime of its game against the Carolina RailHawks. Teams from participating youth clubs will be recognized over the Carroll Stadium PA system and invited to show off their own homemade banner to more than 10,000 fans at the game. The teams with the top five banners will receive special prizes from Indy Eleven and Indiana Soccer.
Notice: For this event, visit the Indiana Soccer / Indy Eleven booth at the Honda Fun Zone to make your banner and participate in the Parade Banner conducted at half time. You can also pick up a YSM poster for your child to be able to come down at the end of the game to get it signed by some of the Indy Eleven players!
Guarantee your club’s participation at this Indy Eleven Youth Soccer Month opportunities by securing specially-priced group tickets. Groups of 15 or more can contact Mike Henn in the Indy Eleven Ticketing Department at 317-685-1100 x172 or email Mike@IndyEleven.com
for more information and to lock in your seats early.
WHAT IS YOUTH SOCCER MONTH?
Youth Soccer Month is designed to help members in your community get involved and celebrate Youth Soccer in your community in your own unique way. Interest in the sport of soccer is at its highest level ever, with more than 19 million children ages five – 19, from Portland, ME to Portland, OR, on city streets and in suburban fields, playing the game. More children are participating in organized soccer than any other sport. For these children, soccer is more than a pastime, it is a passion. Recognizing the impact and importance the sport of soccer plays in the day-to-day lives of America’s families, US Youth Soccer, with 3.2 million members, the nation’s largest youth sports association, is spearheading the third annual Youth Soccer Month - Celebrating Soccer in America, this September. Why is soccer so popular? Because it offers children, both girls and boys the opportunity to participate in a healthy lifestyle, be physically active and develop social skills while making new friends.
YOUTH SOCCER MONTH PACKAGE FOR CLUBS:
WHAT TO DO TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL ACTIVITY?
1. Get together with your club represenatives and choose a day during the month of September to organize an activity to celebrate the four pillars of Youth Soccer Month - FUN, FAMILY, FITNESS and FRIENDSHIP.
2. Once you decide the activity's details, date, time and location, reach out to your city representatives and request them to proclaim September as the Youth Soccer Month. See a sample of a proclamation below and do not forget to invite them to your activity to announce the proclamation. This can help you to build a good relationship with your goverment representatives.
3. If you do not think you can do this activity on your own, request your local colleges, universities, businesses and organizations to partner you to accomplish your goal.
4. Reach out to Indy Eleven and Indiana Soccer to request their presence to power your activity with give away items and contests. Please notice that their presence will be based on availability.
5. Share your activity with Indiana Soccer in Facebook and Twitter using hash tag #YSM2014 for others to see what you are doing. Do not forget to like Indiana Soccer and Indy Eleven in Facebook and follow us in Twitter!
YSM_University / College Support
YSM_University/College Soccer Match_Announcemente
YSM_University/College Public Service Announcement_Script
Goals of Youth Soccer Month
Youth Soccer Month can be implemented for a day, week or the entire month of September. The following objectives of the Celebration may be modified to fit the needs of a specific US Youth Soccer State Association.
- Raise awareness of US Youth Soccer and the benefits of playing the game
- Emphasize soccer as the number one youth participation sport in America and a leading contributor to the healthy lifestyle of millions of American families
- Bring kids and families of all ages and all abilities together for fun, friendship and fitness
- Highlight the various programs available to children interested in participating in soccer, including urban programs, programs for children with special needs, recreational and elite soccer programs
Celebrating Soccer in America
Additionally, Youth Soccer Month is comprised of a month-long mixture of national and grassroots events designed to raise awareness of the benefits of participating in “The beautiful game.” Youth Soccer Month also highlights the various programs available to children interested in participating in soccer, including the inner city, special needs, recreational and elite soccer programs that have facilitated the growth of the sport at all levels.
In fact, the messages of Youth Soccer Month mirror those of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports communicating the importance of physical activity/fitness and exercise and their link to good health, while also furthering President Obama's vision of a healthier United States where citizens are physically active every day, value nutrition and avoid risky behaviors.
The Four Pillars of Youth Soccer Month
Throughout Youth Soccer Month, a series of messages will be highlighted to illustrate “Celebrating Soccer in America.” Each week during Youth Soccer Month, a different message will be the focus of communication and programming:
Week One - Fun: The health and fitness (physical, psychological and social) benefit of playing soccer… Learn More
Week Two - Family: The relationships and fun generated through playing soccer extend beyond the field… Learn More
Week Three - Friendship: Playing soccer ties families together as schedules, vacation and family time are coordinated… Learn More
Week Four - Fitness: Whether recreational or competitive in nature, involvement in soccer is easy and affordable... Learn more