Westside United FC celebrated its 10-Year Anniversary honoring its commitment to excellence and dedication to serving children in the community. Westside, in celebration of this milestone, hosted a community cook out on Thursday, May 24th at the John D. Case Fields at Crossroads. Steve Franklin, director of education from the Indiana Soccer Association and Becky Harris from Hendricks County Tourism Bureau were in attendance along with other prominent members of the local community. Westside families also joined in the festivities.
Westside United, in celebration of the 10-Year Anniversary, announced Josh George as the new director of coaching. Josh has been with Westside United since 2003 and has been a big part of the success of the club. The club is proud of many accomplishments that have occurred over the past 10 years; some of which are as follows:
· State, Presidents and Challenge Cup championships.
· Over 200 college soccer players.
· Multiple players involved with the Olympic Development Program on the state, regional, and national level.
· Players involved with the Men’s and Women’s US U17 National Teams
· A player recently drafted into the MLS by the Chicago Fire.
· Chris Wey was named “Boys Travel Coach of the Year” for 2011.
· “Westside United Invitational” named Tournament of the Year for 2011 by Indiana Soccer Association.
· The new John D. Case Fields dedicated in 2009. These new fields help to serve children ages 4 – 12.
· Partnership with Plainfield Optimist and Plainfield Parks which allowed the club access to the new Barker Sports Complex for playing home games and hosting tournaments.
Indiana Soccer is proud of all its club members, and congratulates Westside United for its accomplishments and its continuing emphasis on the promotions of soccer and development of youth players.
About Westside United FC
Westside United Football Club, a division of Magic Soccer Club of Indiana Inc. (1988) is a premier level soccer club based out of Avon, IN, and is governed by Indiana Soccer Association. Westside United has been dedicated to providing high level coaching for each and every one of its teams and is committed to promote and teach youth soccer in the state of Indiana and provide a unique, modern, and premier soccer experience to its community.
About Indiana Soccer
Indiana Soccer is a member of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF), United States Youth Soccer (USYS) and Unites States Adult Soccer Association (USASA). It is a not-for-profit Indiana corporation, allowing tax deductible donations and contributions to the fullest extent of the law. Indiana Soccer has a current membership base of over 56,000 youth players, 3,000 adult players, 8,000 active coaches, 3,800 referees and thousands of volunteers through its network of over 130 local member clubs across the state of Indiana. Indiana Soccer is committed to cultivate a better community by serving and educating its members. Through the partnership with other organizations Indiana Soccer creates opportunities for the development, promotion and administration of soccer in the state of Indiana.