The Helena Youth Soccer Association (HYSA), a 501c (3) non-profit corporation, is immediately seeking a motivated and qualified individual to lead and represent our 1,200-member club. The ideal candidate will need to be a well-organized individual who can juggle the communication, coordination, needs and desires of players, coaches, parents, referees, local administrators, state officials, and other stakeholders. The Executive Director will adhere to HYSA’s core ideology/values and lead HYSA toward the club’s envisioned future as laid out in the Strategic Plan. The Executive Director will need to be a self-motivator but also a team player, recognizing when to delegate and when to take control. A strong sense of leadership and a healthy sense of humor are a must for this position. Discretion, improvisation, and diplomacy are used on a daily basis.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work to meet the Board of Directors’ directives.
· Thorough level of comfort with technology including website development.
· Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
· Experience in business or non-profit management, including but not limited to communications, fundraising, strategy, and membership relations.
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year, accredited college or university.
· Administrative and executive work experience with youth soccer clubs and/or other youth-oriented non-profit organizations.
· Experience in working with a volunteer Board of Directors.
· Some soccer coaching experience.
The primary responsibilities for the HYSA Executive Director are:
· Administrator for HYSA’s Academy and Arsenal programs.
· Act as tournament director for HYSA’s tournaments (2-3 per year).
· With HYSA Treasurer, propose annual budget for Board of Director approval and oversee budget throughout the year.
· Process and pay bills.
· Improve existing and develop new revenue producing streams, including player development, grants, and corporate relationships.
· Oversee facility maintenance and scheduling at HYSA’s 26-acre Siebel Soccer Complex.
· Answer all phone, email and other contacts for HYSA in a timely manner
· Supervise other paid staff (Director of Coaching, Recreational Soccer Coordinator, grounds keeping crews) and unpaid volunteers.
· Maintain a close working relationship with Montana Youth Soccer Association.
· Assist Recreational Director in running HYSA’s Recreational program.
· Work with Volunteer Coordinator to manage HYSA volunteers throughout the year
· Improve the club’s marketing strategy and brand recognition.
· Increase HYSA’s community outreach.
· Attend Montana Youth Soccer Association meetings.
· Operate HYSA’s website, helenasoccer.org, and develop content for the website and monthly newsletter.
· Continue to develop HYSA’s long-term facility, development, and program goals.
Additional responsibilities will be required as needed. This position involves some work in the evenings and weekends.
This is a full time position with a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The anticipated salary range is $30,000 to $40,000 DOE.
A review of qualified candidates will begin immediately and conclude when the position has been filled. Inquire about the position at firstname.lastname@example.org