|Why Your Child Should Play eSports
Studies have shown that esports provides many of the same benefits of grass sports, minus the physical exertion. There is teamwork, communication, strategy, and sportsmanship learned through participating in organized esports. For our players, the addition of a digital esports and gaming club can only help them further develop the cognitive understanding we currently pursue during their play on the grass.
Cognitive & Social Development
- Improved hand-eye coordination
- Improved attention & visual acuity
- Improved basic visual processing and executive function
- Problem solving & strategy skill development
- Ability to practice important “soft skills” (communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity)
- 71% of parent report gaming having net positive effects for children
- Boosts self-confidence and player socialization
- 54% of gamers say gaming helps them connect with friends
Over 300 colleges today feature esports scholarship programs. These programs operate similarly to traditional programs, and sometimes operate out of the college’s athletic department.
The total number of grass soccer scholarships is limited, so leaning into esports for many players may become a realistic opportunity to gain valuable scholarships for college. All players who participate in the gaming club will have the option to be placed in a national scouting directory for esports scholarships to help them get discovered.
Players who participate in esports programs are found to have a higher interest in STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) subjects, and have strong average GPAs. Esports helps them engage with their fellow students and their school’s administrators.
Problem Solving Skills
Research shows that children that play videos games have a far much better chance of navigating through complex psychological issues compared to those that do not actively participate in video games.
Future Job Market
Playing video games can make students keener and more employable across a wider spectrum of careers including medical field, engineering, remote flying, computer sciences, and etc.
Esports can boost children strategic thinking, teamwork, communication, leadership, performance skills and confidence building.