|Nomination & Selection Policies & Procedures
This nomination form is for any exceptional player, coach, referee, or administrator who has given their time to the improvement to the game of soccer. The nominee should have contributed a minimum of 15 years to the game (player not less than 10 years) prior to nomination.Click here to access the form for nominating a candidate.
- To honor the outstanding achievements and contributions of individuals whose significant accomplishments and effect upon the sport in Indiana merit the highest recognition and to honor those who contributed to the growth of soccer in Indiana.
- To provide future generations with exemplary role models and foster public attention to the sport of soccer.
Factors of citizenship, national origin, race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation creed and physical condition will not be considered in the nomination or selection process. Nomination, selection and award may be made posthumously.
B) Outstanding Achievement:
1. Nominee must have been a member of an entity whose institutional aims and program base is, or was, in the State of Indiana.
2. A relevancy between the achievement being recognized and participation in an Indianabased soccer program must be demonstrated in the nomination submission.
3. Players are eligible for nomination no earlier than five years from the date(s) that the achievement nomination is based. This requirement excludes posthumous nominations.
C) Lifetime Achievement:
1. Nominee must have been a member for not less than fifteen (15) years of an organized soccer program, or programs, whose institutional and program base is, or was in the State of Indiana.
2. A posthumous nomination need not meet the above requirements. To submit this form please: -Complete all parts and pages. -Go to your browser's "File" dropdown and click on "Save as Page" to save this document. -Send your nomination form as an attachment via email to: Steve@soccerindiana.org Last edited 10-12-2017
D) Waiver of Eligibility Requirement(s):
A waiver of any eligibility requirement(s) specified in this section of the policies and procedures must be submitted in writing at the time of nomination for consideration by the Indiana Soccer Hall of Fame Nomination and Selection Committees. A waiver may only be granted by consent of the Indiana Soccer Hall of Fame Board of Directors.
A) Outstanding Achievement:
The recognition must be for significant personal achievement in, or contribution to, soccer in Indiana, and may also include accomplishments or service in other states and countries. In addition, the demonstrated, positive effect of such achievement or contribution must have set a clear and recognized example for the soccer community to emulate and regard as a model to be followed for personal achievement.
- Players, Coaches and Referees nominated should have distinguished themselves with an outstanding standard of play and/or performance.
- Administrators, Supporters and Volunteers should have demonstrated outstanding accomplishments and/or leadership and should have made significant contributions to the improvement of the sport and its participants.
B) Lifetime Achievement
The recognition must be for accomplishments in or service to soccer over an extended period of not less than fifteen (15) years. The contributions must demonstrate a positive effect or influence upon the growth, development, promotion and advancement of the sport of soccer in Indiana, or on those engaged in it. The accomplishments in or service to soccer may also include those in other states or countries.
- Players, Coaches and Referees nominated should have distinguished themselves with a consistent, high standard of play and/or performance.
- Administrators, Supporters and Volunteers should have demonstrated outstanding accomplishments and/or leadership, and should have made significant contributions to the improvement of the sport and its participants.
1. Nominations must be made in writing to the Indiana Soccer Hall of Fame Nominations Committee and should address all of the pertinent achievements on which the nomination is based.
2. Nominations should be sent to Indiana Soccer Hall of Fame Nominations Committee, 19000 Grand Park Boulevard, Suite J, Westfield, Indiana 46074 Last edited 10-12-2017
3. Nominations should be received no later than November 15 of the year in which it is to be considered.
4. All supporting documentation (for example, letters or statements of recommendations) should accompany the Nomination Form.
5. Anyone, except immediate family members of the nominee, may send in a nomination.
6. Any Indiana based soccer organization may submit a nomination on behalf of one of its members.
Please be sure to include the following in the Nomination Packet
- Nomination Form
- Biography - including previous local, regional, state or national awards.
- Community Recognition – briefly describe, in a few sentences, any recognition the nominee has received for their team, club, league, school, or state accomplishments.
- Letters of endorsement – minimum of three, maximum of five (preferred). Letters should be from players, coaches, referees and/or administrators. Please limit letter of endorsement to two pages each.
All Nomination Packets must be submitted as a complete packet via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by U.S. mail to:
Indiana Soccer Hall of Fame Nominations Committee,
19000 Grand Park Boulevard, Suite J,
Westfield, Indiana 46074