|At US Youth Soccer we provide a fun, safe and healthy game for ALL KIDS...big kids, little kids, tall kids, short kids, young kids, older kids...kids who want to play for one season, kids who want to play for 20 seasons, kids who play strictly for fun, and kids who want to compete at the highest level possible. This is a special week, all about just having fun! Make sure you take time this week to remember all the fun that soccer brings into your life….kick a soccer ball everywhere you go, watch videos of your favorite team, pretend to be your favorite player or even get mom and dad to join you in your own backyard. We want to make sure each and every player, past and present, remembers the fun soccer has brought into their lives.
|What To Do To Host A Successful Activity?
1. Get together with your club represenatives and choose a day during the month of September to organize an activity to celebrate the four pillars of Youth Soccer Month - FUN, FAMILY, FITNESS and FRIENDSHIP.
2. Once you decide the activity's details, date, time and location, reach out to your city representatives and request them to proclaim September as the Youth Soccer Month. See a sample of a proclamation below and do not forget to invite them to your activity to announce the proclamation. This can help you to build a good relationship with your goverment representatives.
3. If you do not think you can do this activity on your own, request your local colleges, universities, businesses and organizations to partner you to accomplish your goal.
4. Reach out to Indy Eleven and Indiana Soccer to request their presence to power your activity with give away items and contests. Please notice that their presence will be based on availability.
5. Share your activity with Indiana Soccer in Facebook and Twitter using hash tag #YSM2018 for others to see what you are doing. Do not forget to like Indiana Soccer and Indy Eleven in Facebook and follow us in Twitter!
Youth Soccer Month Package For Clubs
YSM_University / College Support
YSM_University/College Soccer Match_Announcemente
YSM_University/College Public Service Announcement_Script
INDIANA SOCCER AND INDY ELEVEN WILL SUPPORT AND POWER YOUR ACTIVITIES
- Indiana Soccer and Indy Eleven will attend your event. Please notice that Indy Eleven and Indiana Soccer attendance will be based on availability.
- Indiana Soccer and Indy Eleven will provide promotional and branding material to enhance and power your activities.
- Indiana Soccer and Indy Eleven will promote your activities via email, website and social media.
Request your Youth Soccer Month promotional package HERE
Goals Of Youth Soccer Month
- Youth Soccer Month can be implemented for a day, week or the entire month of September.
- Raise awareness of US Youth Soccer and the benefits of playing the game
- Emphasize soccer as the number one youth participation sport in America and a leading contributor to the healthy lifestyle of millions of American families
- Bring kids and families of all ages and all abilities together for fun, friendship and fitness
- Highlight the various programs available to children interested in participating in soccer, including urban programs, programs for children with special needs, recreational and elite soccer programs
Celebrating Soccer in America
Additionally, Youth Soccer Month is comprised of a month-long mixture of national and grassroots events designed to raise awareness of the benefits of participating in “The beautiful game.” Youth Soccer Month also highlights the various programs available to children interested in participating in soccer, including the inner city, special needs, recreational and elite soccer programs that have facilitated the growth of the sport at all levels.
In fact, the messages of Youth Soccer Month mirror those of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports communicating the importance of physical activity/fitness and exercise and their link to good health, while also furthering President Obama's vision of a healthier United States where citizens are physically active every day, value nutrition and avoid risky behaviors.
The Four Pillars of Youth Soccer Month
Throughout Youth Soccer Month, a series of messages will be highlighted to illustrate “Celebrating Soccer in America.” Each week during Youth Soccer Month, a different message will be the focus of communication and programming:
Week One - Fun: The health and fitness (physical, psychological and social) benefit of playing soccer… Learn More
Week Two - Family: The relationships and fun generated through playing soccer extend beyond the field… Learn More
Week Three - Friendship: Playing soccer ties families together as schedules, vacation and family time are coordinated… Learn More
Week Four - Fitness: Whether recreational or competitive in nature, involvement in soccer is easy and affordable... Learn more