Will a team be able to participate in a tournament outside Indiana prior to June 15?
Yes, but only if that state has allowed the activity and it is sanctioned by US Youth. Teams will not be able to participate in any competitive play prior to June 15 in order to prepare for the activity.
Are throw-ins and heading allowed in Stage 3, Stage 4?
Stage 3: A ball should not be tossed to a player (by the hands) in order to play the ball for heading or any other technique (Goalkeeper info in another question). Heading is allowed when served by the feet.
Stage 4: Heading and throw-ins are allowed in training and games.
How will social distancing and hand sanitizing affect goalkeeper and goalkeeper trainers during trainings and games?
- Coach and goalkeepers should maintain 6' social distancing guidelines.
- A goalkeeper (GK) should have their own pair of gloves, gloves should not be shared. GKs 12 & under can play without gloves.
- Individual GK training session: the coach provides the training balls - sanitize before and after each session (i.e. 1 GK, coach brings 3-4 balls)
- Group GK training session: the coach should bring and have available a hand sanitizer. 1) Disinfect the balls before rotating in the next GK or 2) Identify specific ball(s) to be used by each GK. Coach should sanitize their own hands between rotation of players. 3) If the GK coach chooses to wear GK gloves, it is recommended that the coach should wear medical gloves underneath.
- If the coach utilizes additional equipment such as hurdles, ladder, mannequins, etc., they are also responsible for sanitizing between sessions.
- GK and coach (if wearing GK gloves during training) are responsible for cleaning gloves between training sessions and games with warm water and mild low foaming soap that is anti-bacterial/anti-viral or an anti-viral hand sanitizer.
What is the recommended procedure for attending to an injured player?
Stop the activity (training or game)
Coach and anyone attending the injured player should be wearing a mask and medical/rubber gloves before getting to the injured player.
Follow normal procedures for evaluating the injury and follow the necessary protocol.
Can a player who is not currently registered with Indiana Soccer participate in activities?
No, players must be registered in order for the participant and the club to receive the member benefits. Failure to ensure that all participating players are registered will cause the activity to not be sanctioned. Non-member participants and clubs are covered during scheduled tryout periods. Tryout periods are considered to last from 1-3 days.
If there is an activity that a non-registered player is participating(except the tryouts mentioned previously), the club and all member participants will lose access to their member benefits for that activity.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS: Due to the number of participants we are expecting, we will not be able to answers questions during the announcement. However, after the announcement, if you have questions, please forward them to Angel Hall at email@example.com or George Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions will be posted here with the answers for everyone to access.
What, if any, refunds are available and when will they be issued?
All registered and paid ISL teams will be refunded 50% of their registration fee. This refund will be sent to the club and the club may distribute as appropriate by April 17.
All registered and paid ECIYSL & NESSL teams will be refunded 100% of their registration fee. A request will be sent to each club who has paid asking to who and where do they want their check sent. Hopefully this will be done by April 17.
Can we still play our rec leagues after the stay at home and social distancing orders are lifted?
(4/6/2020) Yes! Once we have the all clear from the federal and state governments, and our national governing bodies (US Youth Soccer and US Soccer), then Indiana Soccer will allow rec leagues to begin. We will be here to process registrations and assist any way we can.
When will Indiana Soccer send the refunds?
(4/3/2020) All refunds for cup (and league) will be sent to the clubs by April 17, 2020. If your team paid seperately from your club, you will need to contact your club after April 20 to collect the refund from them.