|Purpose of the Indiana Memorial Cup
The Indiana Memorial Cup was inspired by the loss of Rachael Fiege, who began her soccer career playing for Zionsville Youth Soccer Association (ZYSA) at the early age of 5. Her journey facilitated the development of numerous friends on and off the field and cultivated a passion for the game as she began playing travel soccer for Dynamo FC, FC Pride and Carmel United. She also participated in the Indiana Olympic Development Program, where she was named to the Indiana State Team and attended several Region ll Camps.
Rachael played for Cathedral and Zionsville High School, obtained her TOP Soccer coaching certificate, and served as a technical trainer for the ZYSA Girl’s Academy. When permission to name the cup after Rachael was requested, her parents, Rick and Angela Fiege, stated that they would be honored but asked that the event be expanded to honor all of Indiana’s youth soccer players and referees who are no longer with us. As a result of Rick and Angela's personal insight and compassion for those in the Indiana Soccer family who have suffered the loss of a child, teammate, player and/or sibling, Indiana Soccer and the Indiana Soccer Foundation are honored to provide the Indiana Memorial Cup to pay tribute to those players,coaches and referees whom we have lost much too soon (ages 21 and under).
|Programs Supported by Proceeds from the Indiana Memorial Cup
The proceeds from the Indiana Memorial Cup are used to support programming and facilities for underserved populations and to support the scholarship and grant programs of the Indiana Soccer Foundation.
If you or anyone you know has information on Indiana Soccer players or referees that have left us too soon, (youth or adult), we would love to to be able to honor them and their families in 2019. Please email Indiana Soccer at email@example.com.
|2020 Important Dates & Information
|2019 Rules (to be updated for 2020)
|Nov 1, 2019
Application is open.
|April 15, 2020
April 22, 2020
|Registration Will Close
|April 20, 2020
April 24, 2020
|Entry Fees are Due
||8U (4v4) * $275 per team * Two levels of play: 1st & 2nd Div.
||9U & 10U (7v7) - $450 per team - *Four levels of play: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Div - Individual 9U players may play with 10U teams
||11U & 12U (9v9) - $495 per team - *Four levels of play: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Div.
|Mail Payments To:
||Indiana Soccer, 19000 Grand Park Blvd., Suite J, Westfield, IN 46074
|May 10, 2020
Schedule to be published
Grand Park is a "stay-to-play" facility. If you need housing, you must use the housing provided.
(Housing link to be published at a later date.)
|May 30 - May 31, 2020
||Location Changed to Zionsville Youth Soccer Complex
- Players may roster on more than one team with the approval of the Tournament Director prior team registration. The purpose of this rule amendment is to allow for clubs to bring a maximum number of their teams with the understanding some teams may have limited rosters for a variety of reasons this time of year. Teams can NOT move players from one team to another during the tournament for the sole purpose of “winning” games.
- Each registered player will receive a Memorial Cup gift as their participation award.
- All teams will be scheduled for a minimum of three games.
- Teams may be required to play a Friday night game.
- No official standings/results will be posted for any age division.
- At 7:55 AM on Saturday, there will be a moment of silence and a balloon launch prior to kickoff in memory of the adults and children we lost too soon.
- At 11:45 AM on Saturday, there will be a short ceremony to honor all the families present representing those we have lost. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Teams must send one (1) representative to the Indiana Memorial Cup headquarters tent at least one hour before the team's first game to check in. Headquarters will be located TBD.
- Check-in will be available from 5:00 PM -7:00 PM on Friday, May 29, in the Headquarters tent. Check in will reopen on Saturday at 7:00 AM. You must check in at least 1 hour prior to your first game.
- The following items will be required for check-in:
1) Team Roster - You will need (1) of the following types of roster -your choice
a) State approved official team roster (if your team has one)
b) State Academy roster pool list with the players’ names highlighted with names of players
attending the tournament
c) Memorial Tournament roster completed by team < linked to form
2) Player Passes - All passes must have photos and be laminated
a) Each player participating with your team will need a player pass
b) Each coach participating with your team will need a coach pass
c) If you are bringing a rec+ or rec player that does not have a hard copy pass, have
your club administrator contact the state office to have one issued.