||WESTFIELD, Indiana (April 20, 2019) - Indiana Soccer would like to Congratulate Jim King for being selected to serve on the prestigious, US Youth Soccer National, Soccer Across America Committee!
Jim, who is a long-time resident of Evansville Indiana, has served as a soccer club president, a National D licensed coach, a community leader, business owner, husband and dad of some very accomplished sons. Jim continues to effectively serve the Indiana Soccer family in his role as a member of the Indiana Soccer Board of Directors as well as number of other charities whose shared mission is to improve the lives of the underserved.
“I’ve known and watched Jim in numerous roles over the past 15 years and find few who could match his effectiveness, and willingness to help others. Jim displays endless levels of energy and adheres to a high standard of integrity in all his endeavors. His enthusiasm for youth development, especially for those who have limited resources and support, is impressive. US Youth Soccer is fortunate to have Jim as part of their leadership team, especially in this much needed area of youth development for those currently without access to the “Beautiful Game”.” – Stated Dave Guthrie, Executive Director of the Indiana Soccer Association.
US Youth Soccer’s “Soccer Across America” is designed to introduce the sport of soccer to youngsters living in communities not yet served by existing clubs and leagues. Focused on making soccer available to lower-income children in under-served communities, Soccer Across America provides soccer training and administrative guidance to players and organizations who might otherwise not be exposed to the sport.
Jim's Professional Highlights:
- President and Co-Founder Progressive Health, Evansville ( 1996 – 2017)
- Partner, Bob’s Gym Corp. Evansville (1999- present)
- Executive Vice President, SpectraCare, Louisville KY (1996 – 2003)
- President and Co-founder AHM Medical mgt. Evansville (1993-1996)
- Procter and Gamble & Baxter Healthcare (The early years)
- Commissioned 2nd Lieutenant, United States Army 1985
- Graduate University of Dayton 1985
- President, Evansville Soccer Club 2009 – 2012
- Vice President, Evansville Soccer Club 2006 – 2009
- Board Member, Coach, Volunteer Evansville Soccer Club 2005 – 2009
- Co- Founder, Football Club Evansville
- Rec Coach Evansville Youth Soccer 2005 – 2009
- National D License 2007
- Rec Player, Awful with no left foot
- Indiana Youth Soccer 2008 Boys Travel Coach of the Year finalist
- Indiana Youth Soccer 2008 Jay Frederich Good of Soccer finalist
- Developed and Implemented program to bring soccer to the underserved in Evansville 2010
- Evansville resident since 1995
- Dad of 5 sons, all of whom played for Evansville Soccer Club and Memorial High School.
- President of the Ronald McDonald House 2010, Vice Chair St. Mary’s Foundation 2005-2007, Board Member currently or in the past Evansville Sports Corporation, Evansville Youth Hockey Association, American Cancer Society and numerous other Boards.