Komets Soccer Club is a recreational and academy/travel soccer club in Mooresville, IN. Home to over 500 players in three programs which includes recreational, academy & travel, Komets SC seeks to offer a variety of opportunities for ages 3-18 to have a great time, stay active and develop as players and as young adults. We believe that youth who actively participate in sports acquire fundamental tools to be successful adults.
Komets SC is looking for a DOC who has a positive and professional leadership style while being highly organized. A DOC needs to have excellent conflict resolution skills, be able to multi-task and also be a respected leader within the club and the community. This person will be accountable to the Board of Directors who is currently made up of community and parent volunteers.
The DOC will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
· Work with the BOD to formulate and implement a strategic growth plan for KSC to help build a program that offers opportunities to players of all skill level.
· Focus on coaching development for our academy/travel programs (U8-U18) while supporting the Recreational Director to recruit coaches.
· Lead educational training sessions for KSC coaches and have regular meetings.
· Plan to attend select practices and games for each travel and academy team and be able to provide feedback and advice.
· Assist with developing off-season training programs for travel teams.
· Facilitate yearly tryouts for the academy/travel programs and build competitive teams to compete in league play as well as tournament play.
· Responsible for monitoring our coaches and their development while providing opportunities to them to continue their own personal training – this can include providing training opportunities, round-table discussion, conference attendance, or one-on-one feedback.
· Will attend monthly board meetings to provide updates as well as assist with any other duties that may be assigned.
Applicants must have the following:
· 5 years coaching experience at a competitive level
· At least 2 years of Director level responsibilities
· Hold a USSF D license or higher
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Willingness to work as a team or individually
Any interested candidates should send a cover letter and a resume to Komets Soccer Club at email@example.com. All questions can also be addressed to the club through this email address.