January 8, 2024. The United States Consortium of State Associations (USCSA) is excited to announce it has launched operations. Led by its Legacy Members from seven US Youth Soccer State Associations, its vision is to create a highly functioning network of state associations that will grow soccer participation by:
- Working collaboratively with US Soccer, US Youth Soccer, State Associations and other Organizational Members of US Soccer.
- Revolutionizing how state associations interact.
- Focusing on developing processes that can expand influence.
- Grow Soccer participation.
- Reducing costs and improving services by scaling business operations.
The USCSA believes that State Associations can provide an anchor in the local soccer communities by providing exceptional service, resources and inspiration that grows soccer participation by unlocking the potential within every community. Traditionally, each State Association has its own governance, policies and procedures, and resources which limits the ability to scale and incorporate efficient solutions. We aim to expand our influence, reduce costs, and enhance services by scaling operations together. The USCSA wants to evolve the traditional model by integrating business strategies and shared resources to increase efficiency and effectiveness of its State Association members.
“I applaud the leaders involved in this initiative. “We are a group that is eager to work with others who are interested in transforming the way we interact, with the primary goal of growing soccer participation,” said Evan Dabby, NJ Youth Soccer Associations Executive Director and USCSA President.
The USCSA Legacy Members include:
- Evan Dabby, NJ Youth Soccer Executive Director and USCSA President
- Gordon Henderson, Ohio Soccer CEO and USCSA Vice President
- Dave Guthrie, Indiana Soccer Executive Director and USCSA Secretary
- Dan Cataldi, Iowa Soccer CEO
- Laura Halfpenny, Georgia State Soccer Association Executive Director
- Hans Hobson, Tennessee State Soccer Association CEO
- Kris Zander, Kentucky Youth Soccer Association Executive Director
To be successful, the USCSA will rely on its core values: Trust, Innovation, Compromise and Alignment. To learn more visit https://consortiumofsoccerassociations.org/