The 9U-10U Age Group
A new series of training sessions has been uploaded for the fall season. These are designed to assist the novice coach in their weekly training for the 7v7 Play Format. These activities use the Play-Practice-Play methodology. Feel free to download these to your mobile device or print them.
Characteristics of the under 10 Player
- Lengthened attention span – they are still in motion, but not as busy, only holding still long enough for a short explanation
- More inclined toward wanting to play rather than being told to play
- Psychologically becoming slightly more firm and confident
- Some are becoming serious about their play
- Team oriented – prefer team type balls and equipment. Enjoy the uniforms and team association.
- Boys and girls beginning to develop separately
- Developing the pace factor – thinking ahead